In this lesson, we will introduce you to the process through which the ultimate buyer makes purchase decisions. After you work out this lesson, you should be able to:
- Identify what stimulates a consumer to consider buying
- Describe the buyer’s decision-making process and the several factors which influence this decision
- Understand the response of the buyer to the marketing and other stimuli
In this lesson, we will introduce you to the activities, viz., segmentation, targeting and positioning, that are collectively referred to as marketing strategy. After you work out this lesson, you should be able to:
- Segment the markets based on several segmentation variables
- Target a segment by identifying the fit between segment profitability and organizational capability
- Position your product/service so that it occupies a distinct and valued place in the target customers’ minds
In this lesson, we will introduce you to the business function of marketing. After you work out this lesson, you should be able to:
- Define marketing and the utility (value) it creates for the customer
- Trace the origin of marketing and explain how it has evolved
- Describe the elements of a marketing strategy
- Understand the scope of marketing
Resume: From its appearance until now, marketing has been approached under diverse aspects, from market theories to constituent elements, all being based on the four elements of the marketing mix: product, price, placement and promotion, developing around them specific policies, the inner correlations, investigation methods and techniques, experimental texts and motivation studies.
Abstract: International marketing orientation requires modern concepts of economic activities in accordance with the requirements and specific foreign markets (national, multinational, global) in order to meet their current and future needs with maximum efficiency. The need for knowledge of international marketing occurs when we have to realize, to sell and promote goods and services to consumers and users in other countries.